Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Happy to Spend My Time in the Village

Back with my second post. Hope you all like it. I would like to share my thoughts on a small village, Post Chendia which is in Karwar Taluk in Uttar Kannada District of Karnataka State, India.

It is my granny's place. When I go to the village, I feel so happy and excited to visit Sakalbag which is surrounded by small mountain rocks, fields. When I was small, I would spend most of my summer holidays there along with my cousins. Those are the most memorable days we still remember. As the years passed with lot of improvements, there is less population in Sakalbag, but even now we visit that place, sit on the rocks of the small mountain, gather and eat some of the seasonal fruits like cashew apples, Kantam and spend our evening time on the banks of the river or a dam. We even go for fishing and enjoy a lot.
                                                                   
Seasonal Fruits
Old Photo(Sakalbag)
Recent Photo
When I spend time watching the river, I just get completely involved in it. I strongly believe that the sound of the flowing water, the wonderful peaceful evening atmosphere will make anyone forget their worries for a moment.


No comments:

Post a Comment